FAQs Existing Customers


Now you are a Go Car customer why not check out the below frequently asked questions regarding your agreement with us. If you have any questions that you can’t find answers to below feel free to call our customer service team on 01925 696 370 who would be happy to help.

Close/Open FAQS

How do I make a payment?

To make a payment login to your My Go Car account.

When is my payment due?

Your payment is due the date that you confirmed when signing your agreement.

Can I change my payment date?

Yes you are able to change your payment date, in line with company policy, as long as it is not your first payment with us. It is your responsibility to notify your bank about your agreed date change for payment as your bank will need to change the date of your standing order.

To change your payment date you will need to call customer service on 01925 696 370 or email us at

What happens if I cannot meet my repayments?

Always keep us informed, we will discuss with you when you can make the payment and arrange a suitable payment plan. Late charges may be applied in these circumstances. Please call us on 01925 696 372

What happens at the end of my agreement?

Once you have paid the total amount on your agreement we will send you a letter confirming the account is settled, and transfer the ownership of the vehicle to you. If you have a Payment Reminder System installed, we will remotely switch off the system, allowing you full use of the vehicle. We will send off a request to have the HPI removed from the vehicle. We will also advise you to contact your bank to cancel your standing order.

Why have I not received my code?

There may be a number of reasons why you have not received your code: Incorrect information on your agreement such as mobile number or email address. You have not made a full contractual payment for the month. You may be somewhere with limited signal so there has been trouble with this getting sent to you.

Why have I received a letter of default when I have a payment plan in place?

The reason for this is because when the account falls into arrears a default notice letter will automatically get sent out to you from our arrears list. If you have set up a payment plan with us you will still receive this letter as it is a legal requirement.

Will I receive an account statement?

You will receive a statement on the anniversary of your agreement. If you require one before this you can request one by calling us on 01925 696 370

How much is outstanding on my account?

You can request a settlement figure via your My Go Car account.

Visit My Go Car to set up an account.

Can I settle my loan before the end of the agreement?

Yes you can settle your account before the end of the agreement. We will give you a settlement figure and this is the amount you will need to pay to end your finance agreement with us.

What should I do if I am experiencing issues with the vehicle?

If an issue with your vehicle does arise we want to ensure that it is resolved a quickly as possible. In the first instance we would suggest you speak directly with the dealer you purchased the vehicle from. If you require further assistance, please call or email our Customer Service department.

What should I do if I have been in an accident or the vehicle has been damaged or stolen?

Please tell us as soon as you can if you’ve been in an accident, or the vehicle has been damaged or stolen. Depending on the exact circumstances we will advise you accordingly on what needs to happen next.

When will I become the owner of the vehicle?

Once you’ve made the final payment on your agreement, and assuming you’ve paid the total amount payable under the agreement, we will transfer legal ownership of the vehicle to you and confirm the agreement is fully settled.

Can I withdraw from the finance agreement?

You can withdraw from our credit agreement anytime within 14 days, starting the day after you receive a signed copy of your Hire Purchase Agreement. You do not need to provide us with a reason for doing so. You must give us notice, either in writing or verbally, and repay the outstanding balance owed within 30 days of giving notice. The 30 days starts the day after you give us notice. Failure to pay the funds with 30 days will mean you can no longer withdraw from the agreement, however you will still be eligible to repay your loan early which will save you money. Please note that you are only able to withdraw from the finance agreement, and will need to find the funds necessary to purchase your car via another method.

Can I return the car if I withdraw from my finance agreement?

No, the right to withdraw from your finance agreement does not mean you can return the car to us. Please remember that the decision to buy your car from an approved dealer and the decision to finance your car purchase with us are two separate decisions to two different firms.

When can I change my car on finance?

Usually, it is around the time you are two thirds of the way through your agreement but sometimes it can be before this. It is dependent on the value of your vehicle and the outstanding balance on your agreement. For more information on this visit

What happens if my car is written off?

If your vehicle is a write off, your insurance company would either clear the outstanding finance amount in full or partially depending on the value of the vehicle at the time of write off.

If there is a difference in the outstanding balance and the amount the insurance company are providing for the vehicle, then you would be liable for the outstanding amount. This can be paid with an affordable payment plan.

Some people take out Gap Insurance as this can cover the difference between the amount you paid for your car, or owe on your car if you have finance, and the amount an insurance company would give you if it was written off or stolen.

FAQ Category Menu Back to Top