Previous PostCar Insurance – The Basics Explained
Go Car Credit have analysed all the used cars we financed from April 2020 to April 2021, in order to see which make and model was the most popular with our customers.
During most of this time the UK would have been under the Covid-19 Pandemic restrictions, which meant most car dealerships were closed.
The only way for our customers to get their next car through finance would have been though virtual appointments and contactless delivery or click and collect.
Many of our customers come to us as they may have been refused car finance elsewhere, this could be due to having bad credit, or our broader hire purchase car finance criteria, which allows for certain benefits income to be included in their application.
Our top financed make is Vauxhall with 26% out of the top 10 makes financed.
The top model is the Vauxhall Astra with 33% of all Vauxhall cars financed.
Here are a few examples of specifications that appear in the models name of Vauxhall Astra cars we have financed:
- SRI: This edition has sporty details and trim with a lowered sports suspension.
- CDTi: Stands for Common Rail Diesel Turbo Injection. This can reduce noise and exhaust emissions and increase fuel efficiency.
- TECH LINE: An Astra which comes with features such as Bluetooth and satellite touch system as standard.
- GTC: This is the sports compact coupe version of the Astra.
- ELITE: The top of the range Astra with an economical diesel engine and equipment such as automatic headlights.
- ECOFLEX: These models have a smaller engine with long gearing, designed to bring emissions down.
The top Ford model is the Ford Focus, and 68% of these cars financed were the Ford Focus Zetec.
The first generation of Ford Focus was launched in 1998 as a replacement to the Ford Escort.
We have included a few Ford Focus specifications of the cars we have financed below:
- TDCi: Stands for Turbo Diesel Common Rail Injection.
- ECONETIC: This allows for better fuel economy and low emissions. The engine is modified to improve cooling and combustion and reduce internal friction.
- 100, 105, 125: These numbers are the amount of Brake horsepower (BHP) a model has.
The Nissan Qashqui is Nissans top financed model with 47%, very closely followed by the Nissan Juke which accounts for 46% of all Nissans financed by Go Car Credit.
The Nissan Qashqui is a hatchback combined with a 4×4 and the +2 edition can seat up to 7 people, while the Nissan Juke is a supermini combined with an SUV and is smaller than the Qashqui. Both rate very highly when it comes to safety for adults and children.
Here are some of the additional acronyms that appear in the Nissan Quahqui and Nissan Juke cars specifications:
- CVT: Stands for Continuously Variable Transmission, which is a transmission system that makes gear shifting seamless and removes shift shocks.
- dCi: Is a Nissan and Renault developed diesel engine with 4 inline cylinders combined with Common Rail direct fuel injection and a turbocharger.
- N-TEC: Is a Nissan trim which includes features such as an accident prevention system, park assist and smart vision.
- N-CONNECTA: Is the replacement for the N-TEC trim and could include a comfort pack such as heated front seats and windscreen.
- N-VISION: Builds on the N-CONNECTA trim by adding a panoramic glass roof as standard.
- SMART: This refers to the smart vision pack which includes features such as traffic sign recognition, intelligent braking and high beam assist.
Our top BMW model is the 1 series 116d with 24% of all BMW sales.
116d was first launched in 2012 and is the diesel version of the 116 model, the petrol version is the 116i with a fuel injected petrol engine.
Here is a small list of other specifications that customers have chosen in the BMW 116ds models name:
- ED PLUS: Stands for Efficient Dynamics Plus, which is a BMW technology aimed at keeping CO2 emissions and fuel consumption as low as possible. Features include an optimum shift indicator, automatic start stop, brake energy regeneration, lighter framework and more effective aerodynamics.
- M SPORT: Refers to the M sport body kit which is a collection of exterior car modifications.
- SE: This means the Special edition trim which includes many optional paid extras as standard.
The Citroen DS3 is 42% of all Citroens financed, with the Citroen DS3 Dstyle accounting for 61% of all the DS3s sold.
The DS3 Dstyle is a mid range Citroen supermini class car.
Here are some of the model additions that have appeared in the Citroen DS3 cars we have financed:
- HDi: Refers to a diesel engine with High-pressure direct injection.
- eHDi: Is a diesel engine with start/stop, this technology is also known as micro-hybrid.
- THP: Is short for “Turbo Haute Pression” which is French for “High Pressure Turbo” and is a type of petrol engine.
- AIRDREAM: Is the name for a Citroen car that has a low carbon footprint and is also very economical.
- DSPORT: Is the premium model for the DS3, DS4 and DS5.
- BlueHDI: Is a very low carbon emission diesel engine.
The Peugeot 208 is the most popular model and is 38% of all Peugeot sales.
The Peugeot 208 Active accounts for 44% of these cars financed.
The Peugeot 208 is a supermini class car and was first launched in 2012.
We have included some of the specifications you may come across while looking for a used Peugeot 208 car on finance:
- GTI: Stands for Grand Tourer Injection, and is a Peugeot model with a 200 horsepower engine.
- GT LINE: GT Stands for Grand Tourisme and is similar to the GTI but with more affordable engines and other features included as standard.
- S/S: Refers to a system that Stops and Starts the engine, which reduces exhaust emissions, noise levels and fuel consumption.
The Renault Clio was 45% of all Renaults financed
82% of these were the Renault Clio Dynamique.
The Renault Clio is a supermini class car that was first launched in 1991 in the UK, it replaced the Renault 5 model and became Renaults most successful model.
Here are some of the abbreviations that have appeared in the Renault Clio cars we have financed models name:
- TCE: Stands for Turbo Control Efficiency.
- dCi: Refers to the diesel engine direct Common-rail injection.
- ENERGY: This is Renaults first 3 cylinder petrol engine, leading to better fuel efficiency.
- MEDIANAV: This is the name for the infotainment system, which includes a sat nav and 7 inch touchscreen display,
53% of all Audis financed was the Audi A3 model.
The first generation of the Audi A3 was a compact hatchback and launched in 1996.
We have included some features that have appeared in some of the Audi A3 cars we have financed models name:
- SPORT: This trim includes a sportier look and lower, firmer suspension.
- TDI: Stands for Turbocharged Direct Injection, which boosts a smaller engines power.
- TECHNIK: This is the highest level trim for all Aldi models, with features such as keyless start and entry or enhanced navigation systems.
- TFSI: This stands for Audis Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection engine. This reduces emissions and increases fuel efficiency.
The Volkswagen Golf is 48% of all Volkswagens financed, with the Volkswagen Golf Bluemotion accounting for 72% of these sales.
Here is a small list of the Volkswagen Golf cars specifications:
- BLUEMOTION: is name of a group of 4 technologies which include: Engine Stop/Start, Energy Recuperation, Low rolling resistance tyres and Aerodynamics. The Bluemotion technology carries a small price premium but can drop a tax band down for a model, and have a more efficient fuel economy.
- MATCH: This version replaces the Volkswagen Golf SE.
- TDI: Stands for Turbocharged Stratified Injection, which means before the ignition the fuel is injected into the cylinders.
- GTD: Stands for the Gran Turismo Diesel, which contains many of the sporty accessories found in the GTI.
We have a tie for the Mercedes-Benz A180 and the Mercedes-Benz C220, each accounting for 24% of all Mercedes-Benz cars financed.
The A180 is an A class Mercedes-Benz with an A180 petrol or diesel engine, while the C220 is a C class Mercedes-Benz with a C220 petrol or diesel engine.
Here are some of the additional features that have appeared in some of the Mercedes-Benz A180 and C220 cars we have financed models name:
- BlueEFFICIENCY: Is a group of features that aim to reduce pollutants such as carbon monoxide emissions.
- Blue Tec: Is a Mercedes-Benz diesel engine technology, which includes a turbocharger and a high pressure fuel injection
- AMG: Stands for Aufrecht, Melcher (who were the founders of AMG) and Großaspach (the place where Aufrecht was born). The AMG is a high performance engine.